- Updated to be even more clear that our sites (as most sites do these days) enable certain third parties to collect information (see paragraph 1 of the new policy)
- Addressed embedded content from other content providers (again, have a look at paragraph 1 of the new policy)
- Explained that we may use affiliate advertising and may earn commissions for purchases that users make from those affiliates (see paragraph 2)
- Addressed contests, sweepstakes, and promotions here as well as in our standalone Contest Guidelines (see paragraph 4)
- Clarified how we protect information if the law requires us to disclose it (see paragraph 5)
The new policy went into effect on January 19, 2015 and was amended on February 11, 2015 to address how we respond to "do not track" mechanisms. Be sure to check back periodically for updates.